24 Days Later - normal life resumes

8:47 am

Okay so I didn't do the one last major thing i was supposed to do for work, but i figure i can keep my brain occupied by actually working today and hopefully getting it done at some point.

It's so hard to not talk to Chandler, i finally unblocked him from my email and got one this morning from him, plus some IMs...i was going to reply, but then I realized: nothing i can say is going to make him see my side of things. So repeating will only frustrate the both of us.

It's hard though, that he may have been the father, and we are at each other's throats. It was already called off the night before I found out I was pregnant. I didn't anticipate still talking to him, and definitely not turning to him in state of bawling mess.

I might pick up this recovery book since it's religion-neutral (although the cover looks gay. Not like "i like the same sex" gay. I mean, you know...gay. There's no other way to describe it). I guess i would have to get it shipped to work, I don't know if i want that sent to my house even though i'm the one who gets the mail. Oh wait, it's CafePress...dammit, now i've already added 3 tshirts to my shopping cart. Which i'll maybe allow myself one tshirt by the end of the day, since i have to pay for shipping anyway on that book (they really couldn't have sold it as a PDF version?)

***********************************************************************************
1:05 pm

to Placenta Sandwich (which is the best user name EVER): did you buy any of those books yourself?


As for why they don't PDF stuff...that's so beyond me. I mean, that's two and a half weeks away...geezus, two and a half weeks ago i was ready to commit suicide.

Before it was hard going to say Target because of the baby section. Now it's also hard to go by the pet section, which I have to do constantly to get kitty litter. I'm so used to always perusing the dog aisles, i rarely would get anything for Chandler's dog but i still looked in case i saw anything she might like. Like i know what a Rottweiler's tastes are. I think she's a Rottweiler. I don't know jack about dogs.

And here comes the weepy-eyes stuff...mostly because i no longer can turn to the one person I trusted with those bear hugs when i cried over this.

I'm back to blocking his emails, otherwise i will go insane refreshing just to SEE if he wrote me, only to have me delete them without reading anyway. Same for IMs, but those are easy because once you close, they're gone forever...emails you have to do a double delete thing.

I have to call back the girl from the birth choice place who called me last week and said that they may not have any groups going on right now, but she'd be up for just one on one counseling...it's free, so i might see if i can make the trek down south to do that. I need someone, in person, to tell me i'm normal. I'm so tired of being different. I want to be like everyone else. And now i'm in the 1/3 minority of women who have had abortions. I don't want to be in that checkbox.

Looking back, I'm almost in shock really that i did this. Less a month ago...i had surgery. I was put under. It's crazy.

***********************************************************************************
9:06 pm

I'm starting to worry that maybe I gave too much detail as to who I am.

I got so pissed and hurt by something Chandler said that I went over there in a big bawling heap. This whole situation sucks, and I feel the weight of it is entirely on me. Is there any way to suck someone else's pain out of them?

They're both great guys in different ways.
And i'm the asshole being a partial girlfriend to one and a partial wife to another. I want to split myself in two and make both of them happy.

5 comments:

placenta sandwich said...

FYI - I don't know of anything in PDF format, though that's an amazing and very common-sense suggestion, wish people thought of that. Exhale also recommends the following:

*The Healing Choice: Your Guide to Emotional Recovery after an Abortion
Candace De Puy, Ph.D., M.S.W. and Dana Dovitch, PH.D., M.F.C.C., Simon & Schuster, 1997

*Experiencing Abortion: A Weaving of Women’s Words
Eve Kushner, Harrington Park Press, 1997

*Peace after AbortionAva Torre-Bueno, Pimpernel Press, 1997
http://www.peaceafterabortion.com/

Anonymous said...

I used to own "The Healing Choice" I am pretty sure I lost it in a move a million years ago.

The problem with a lot of the recovering from abortion books/groups is they have a religious bent, which I do not like at all. I once went to a post-abortive group because my priest told me to after I confessed. Yeah, it wasn't for me. Of course, it was a church based group, and I was feeling not guilty, just had confessed for the first time in a million and one years so that was that. He also wanted me to volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center, which I didn't do. I am so against so called "crisis pregnancy centers" even when I was trying to be uber-catholic.

Anyway, good luck. If you lived on the East Coast I might have been able to tell you you are normal. Because you are. Even if you don't feel like it.

Anonymous said...

this is what we used to recommend at backline (oh, how i wish backline was still taking calls!):

A Guide to Emotional and Spiritual Resolution After an Abortion
http://www.pregnancyoptions.info/emotional&spiritual.htm

but yes, you're normal. it sounds like you were having a rough time before the abortion and it still hasn't resolved. treat yourself well.

gl.

Monica Geller said...

Oh i saw that before the abortion and forgot about it...thank you!

placenta sandwich said...

Hey, it's me again... I don't own any of those books, it's just that I felt OK passing on the recommendation because Exhale is usually sooo good about not pushing any feelings onto an individual woman just because some other women feel a certain thing or because other people think you should. I remember looking through the first one (at my old job where we had it on the resource shelf) and feeling pretty good about it, but the details are fuzzy now. Sorry I can't be more helpful with that :(

Also, I second the commenter who said s/he wishes backline was still taking calls -- they are pretty awesome too. And almost every clinic or talkline I've worked with recommends that Guidebook, plus it's in PDF, can't believe I forgot it! Hooray for putting heads together.

Post a Comment