Why am I blogging this?

I was thinking about how it's been a bitch trying to find any personal experiences of sorts. So then, why am *I* writing a blog about this?

Partially because I can't talk to anyone other than Rachel about it, and I need to obviously do a lot of venting and babbling. Also because maybe down the road at some point I'll hear about someone else not in their early teens who felt it comforting to know what the straight dope was with this abortion business beyond what we saw on ABC's After School Specials two decades ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog. Even if it's several months after my abortion and years after yours.

Anonymous said...

I'm a week away from mine (and not sure if I can go through with it) and am glad to have found this. I had been thinking of doing the same (writing a blog) precisely because of what you mentioned - every time I would do a search online, looking for some sort of insight from someone with experience, all I would find was political/religious crap. Women in our situation need true support and information, not to have other people's opinions pushed on them. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Anonymous said...

Being 5 days away from mine I am glad to have found your blog. I'm in my late 30's and circumstances are complex... But I run through things like - what if this is my only chance at motherhood and I vacuumed it away?

Your blog has reached out to me and addressed many of the feelings I'm having. Thank you for sharing... And for being the brave trailblazer for the rest of us.

Post a Comment